Homeless Services

Home / Homeless Services

Homeless Services

Too often youth find themselves in difficult situations with no place to go and no one to call.  Whether it is crashing on a friend’s couch for a couple of nights or setting up a tent in the woods, once a youth enters into homelessness they begin wrestling with a host of challenges.  Nexus Youth and Families understand these challenges and offer a variety of services to help young people meet them. From education to basic needs, Nexus Youth and Families is client focused and client driven. We believe that young people are the experts in their own lives and know what support they need; and what support they are ready for.  We are here to provide youth in crisis with a place to go and someone to call.


Supportive Housing

To access Nexus Youth and Families’ housing programs, youth must complete a Coordinated Entry for All (CEA) assessment. Please call 211 to schedule an intake, or visit this website.

Severson Program
The Severson Program is a 10 unit transitional housing program located in Auburn, WA. The program is designed to help homeless young adults and families, ages 18-24, transition from homelessness to independence. The Severson Program blends housing, case management, and life skills, to assist in the young adult’s transition to independent living. The focus of the program is to further the young adult’s education and employment skills to support participants becoming responsible, productive, and independent young adults. Severson housing is accessed through CEA.

ACE Project (Acceptance, Compassion, Equity)
The ACE Project is a scattered-site housing program serving 8 young adults ages 18-24, and is specifically tailored to young adults who identify as LGBTQ and homeless.

United Way Case Management

United Way of King County funds a part-time case manager for homeless young adults ages 17-24. This service is not time-limited and can conduct CEA assessments during enrollment. Thanks to the flexibility of funds, this case manager can work in tandem with other programs or case managers.

Emergency Housing

Arcadia Youth Shelter- Age 18-24
Young adults ages 18-24 can access shelter 7 nights/week by arriving at 915 H St SE at 9:45pm for lineup. Doors open at 10:00pm, and guests have an opportunity to eat, shower, and relax before bedtime. Everyone is woken up at 7:00am and out the door by 7:45am with a light snack. Reserved beds are available for first-timers, or those working with case managers in some cases. We also have beds available for anyone referred by law enforcement. For more information, or to secure a bed tonight, please call 253-740-7189.

Arcadia Drop-In Center

Drop-in serves a variety of youth and young adults in the community. Direct access to case management, basic needs, laundry, lockers, recreational activities, meals and more are provided to help stabilize youth immediately. Connections  to other services throughout the youth and young adult provider continuum are also provided.

Best Starts for Kids

Best Starts for Kids (BSK) is an initiative to improve the health and well-being of King County by investing in prevention and early intervention for children, youth, families, and communities. BSK is intended to prevent and divert children and youth and their families from becoming first time homeless. Case Manager will provide the support needed to ensure that unaccompanied youth / young adults (ages 12-24) and families (with a youth birth- 24yo) at imminent risk of homelessness have access to the resources needed to avoid entering the homeless system; and, to remain stably housed over time. Learn more about BSK here.


Diversion is a flexible fund source to help young adults 18-24yo who are un-housed or unstably housed. Diversion is a tool that quickly addresses a young person’s housing crisis by providing short-term, flexible financial assistance to create a long-term solution (stability for 3months). The term “diversion” refers to diverting a youth from entering, or providing immediate exit from, the homeless housing system (e.g. placement in shelter or Coordinated Entry for All placements for transitional living programs, permanent supportive housing, etc.).

View Street Services